- glamorous – in a dark, edgy sort of way
- a little moody – the flowers incline their heads like thugs lighting up in a dark alley…you have to get up close to appreciate them and then KAPOW! They’re a knockout!
- a little dangerous to know – many are poisonous…the name says it all: HELL-ebores
- iconoclastic – they bloom in February, even through blankets of snow
- entirely self-sufficient – they thrive and even seed themselves in poor soil
- tenacious – they come back bigger and badder than ever every single year, with blooms that last for months
- invincible – deer? Please! Those suckers take one look and keep on moving.
Wishing you a wonderful, wonderful weekend!